Bamboo fibre is rapidly taking hold as the ideal material for sports clothing. However, unlike artificial fibres, it does not cause issues with odour and works just as well as casual wear as it does for sports use, which is why we do not differentiate between the two in our products.
The reasons we use it:
- Excellent natural moisture wicking; ideal for sports clothing
- Very smooth, soft and naturally stretchy; hangs and feels much like silk or cashmere
- Hypoallergenic; ideal for wearing next to the skin without irritation
- Naturally anti-bacterial and odour-resistant
- Very durable and easy to care for – no special washing instructions
- Excellent insulating properties that keep the wearer cooler in summer and warmer in winter
- Excellent natural resistance to sunlight (far greater than cotton)
- Sustainable crop – very fast-growing and absorbs huge amounts of CO2, and requires no pesticides and herbicides to thrive (hence usually organic)
- Obtainable via traceable, certified ethical supply chains
I love them. They're mint shirts that perform well as a technical base layer, but still look great off the bike.
Jenny Beesley, Steve Peat Syndicate 2011